Commis Chef Apprenticeship Perrywood Garden Centre & Nurseries Limited
Learn basic skills with regards chopping and preparing meals, with more responsibility being placed on apprentice once these skills have been mastered. Learning basic knife skills.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
£162.00 - £282.00
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
13 Nov 2017
19 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Commis Chef reporting to the Head Chef and Senior Sous Chef
- Learn basic skills with regards chopping and preparing meals, with more responsibility being placed on apprentice once these skills have been mastered. Learning basic knife skills.
- Assist and work under the guidance of other chefs preparing dishes for the day’s service, using fresh ingredients and learning seasonal product rotation.
- Assist and work alongside different station Chefs, covering all areas of the kitchen, including pastry section. Understanding the importance of following procedure, for example with regards to food allergens and free from menus.
- Follow exemplary examples of Food Hygiene and Health & Safety procedures, gaining level 2 qualifications in both.
- Gain a competent knowledge of kitchen paper work in compliance with regulations.
- Participate in daily and weekly cleaning rotas and maintain area of work to a high standard.
- Understand Stock rotation and assist with deliveries.
Requirements and prospects
- A passion for food & cooking and the desire to learn the skills required to become an excellent chef.
- You must be able to demonstrate you can retain information and follow instructions.
- We are looking for a motivated and reliable addition to our existing team, you must have good inter personal skills and be able to communicate effectively with your colleagues.
- You will need to demonstrate a positive attitude to your work and have drive and enthusiasm.
- Excellent time keeper.
- Pass in English & Maths, along with a qualification in Food technology or similar.
Things to consider
About the employer
- All delivered within the work place via online training and at Colchester Institute Campus.
- Candidates will undertake the Commis Chef Level 2 apprenticeship standard.
Hospitality > Commis Chef
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Colchester Institute
Business Solutions Team 01206 712727 Business.Solutions@colchester.ac.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017