Apprentice Dental Nurse Elite Dental Studio
Elite Dental Studio is looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to work alongside the dentist. Duties will include assisting in the provision and delivery of dental care to patients, reception duties and decontamination/sterilising in the surgery. This is a fantastic opportunity to progress into an exciting dental career.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
19 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
In-house training will be given by an experienced team and the apprenticeship qualification will be provided in the workplace.
The ideal candidate will have grade Cs GCSE or above (or equivalent) in English and Maths. They must be organised, with good communication skills, be computer literate, keen to learn, be of smart and professional appearance at all times and have a positive attitude.
As a Dental Nurse your duties would include:
- Providing chair side assistance to the dentist.
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients.
- Preparing and maintaining the clinical environment.
- Sterilisation of instruments.
- Mixing materials.
- Charting on the computer.
- Complying with strict cross infection procedures.
- Developing digital x-rays.
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials are within the surgery.
- Carrying out some reception and administrative tasks.
Requirements and prospects
The successful candidate must be:
- Computer literate.
- Keen to learn.
- Have good communication skills.
- You must be of a smart and professional appearance at all times, wearing a clean, presentable uniform and have a positive attitude.
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C and above (or equivalent).
- All grades disclosed will be checked on your Personal Learning Record before you application is submitted to the Dental Practice.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3.
- Functional Skills in English and Maths.
- Health and Safety.
- Equality and Diversity.
- First Aid at Work.
Dental health > Dental Nurse
ANDERSON STOCKLEY ACCREDITED TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Anderson Stockley Accredited Training Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017