Apprentice Nursery Cook Safe Haven Day Nursery Ltd
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to kick start their career in a well established and highly rated Day Nursery.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Sep 2017
19 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- As the Nursery Cook you will be responsible for the ordering and preparation of the children’s meals, ensuring their dietary requirements are met.
- Responsibilities will also include maintaining a high standard of kitchen hygiene.
- You will have a flare for cooking foods from all around the world, using fresh ingredients.
- You will contribute towards the menu which changes weekly.
- It will be your responsibility to clean all areas after service, preparing the kitchen again for the next meal time.
You will be responsible to the Nursery Manager. You will liaise and communicate with all staff across the Nursery and have support of an Advisor for your NVQ work.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work to safeguarding policy.
- Good ability to maintain kitchen equipment.
- No formal qualifications needed.
Things to consider
About the employer
Their primary concern is that child are happy. Safe Haven aims to provide a stimulating and loving environment in a secure and well organised setting. They want children to find learning EXCITING, ENJOYABLE and REWARDING.
- NVQ Level 2 in Food Production and Cooking.
- Technical Certificate in Food Production andCooking.
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
- Personal Learning Thinking Skills.
- Functional Skills in English and Maths (where consessions do not come into play).
- All training and assessment in the workplace.
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Learning Unlimited
Adam 0115 9338314 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017