Apprentice Kitchen Assistant Furlong
An excellent opportunity for an apprenticeship in Hospitality and Catering - Kitchen Services. You will be based in a very busy family orientated pub based in Tunstall providing good quality home-cooked food and friendly service.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
19 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
A government funded Apprenticeship in Hospitality and Catering - Kitchen Services.
A very busy family orientated pub based in Tunstall providing good quality home-cooked food and friendly service, is looking for 2 Kitchen Assistants.
Duties will include:
- Working effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Washing Pots and keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy
- Maintaining food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Maintaining a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Preparing meat, fish, salad, vegetables and deserts
- Preparing hot and cold sandwiches
- Produce cold starters, salads and healthier dishes
- Preparing, operating and cleaning specialist food prep and cooking equipment
- Completing kitchen documentation
- Setting up and closing the kitchen
- Performing duties in line with food safety regulations and organisational procedures
- Any other duties deemed necessary to the post.
Requirements and prospects
- A passion to work in the hospitality and catering industry
- Possess good communication skills with ability to build relationships with colleagues and work well in a busy team environment
- Must be able to follow instructions
- A multi-tasker who is happy to chip in with other departments work at busy times
- Confident and assertive manner, with professional and polite approach
- Good time keeper
Ideal candidates with have GCSEs in Maths and English (grades A-C) or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
An Intermediate Apprenticeship in Kitchen Services consisting of a vocational qualification, technical certificate and functional skills in ICT, Literacy and Numeracy
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Martec
Sarah Bailey 07732465532 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017