Administration Apprentice SIRIUS ACADEMY
Are you interested in working within a busy school office? If so we would love to hear from you! Sirius Academy are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their admin team and become an Apprentice. If you believe this role is suitable for you then please click the link to apply.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
19 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The selected candidate will take part in the following duties:
- Undertake reception duties, answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries and signing in visitors
- Communicate and liaise with parents/staff etc.
- Assisting with arrangements for visits by school nurse, photographer etc.
- Provide routine clerical support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing, complete routine forms
- Undertake typing, word-processing and other IT based tasks
- Sort and distribute mail
- Undertake routine administration e.g. updating school lists and student data.
- Create documents/information in the corporate style
- Design bespoke work e.g. leaflets, posters
- Create marketing materials in the corporate style
- Attend regular administration meetings when required.
- Operate office equipment e.g. photocopier, computer, fax & franking machine.
- Arrange orderly and secure storage of supplies
Requirements and prospects
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service
- Strong Team Player
- Ability to follow specific instructions
- Good positive, friendly attitude
- Organised & focused approach
- Pleasant & confident manner
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Helpful and positive attitude in a busy environment
- Able to project a respectable and professional image
- Ability to maintain a calm approach and work effectively under pressure
- Good IT skills and working knowledge of most Microsoft Office packages
- A commitment to the responsibility of safeguarding and promoting welfare of young people
- An enthusiastic & friendly approach to work
- Must be willing to listen & learn
- Willing to learn and develop
- Very accurate
- Happy to help
- No formal qualifications are required but you must have the ability to complete the NVQ and Functional Skills (if applicable).
Things to consider
About the employer
BUSINESS AND ADMINISTRATION
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship in Business and Administration consisting of:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Business and Administration (QCF)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Mathematics
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English
- Level 1 Functional Skills in ICT
You will be required to attend a half day session at the Training Centre where you will work towards any functional skills that you have to take and the technical element. The NVQ or ITQ will be carried out at the workplace by taking evidence from your job.
Business and Administration
HULL BUSINESS TRAINING CENTRE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hull Business Training Centre
Molly Tranmer 01482 211714 Molly@hbtc.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017