Advanced Apprentice –Supporting teaching and learning Litcham High School
We are looking for advanced apprentices to join our friendly and supportive team and train with us in supporting teaching and learning.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
29 Sep 2017
27 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Do you love the idea of working with children? Are you passionate about learning? Could you make a difference to the lives of the children in our school? This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, keen apprentice to join our friendly and supportive team and train with us.
- Support teaching and learning within the school through working with individuals and groups as directed by the teacher in charge.
- Monitor individual pupil’s progress, achievements, problems, conditions and development needs reporting to the responsible teacher as appropriate.
- Assist the teacher with the planning of learning activities in the classroom.
- Form positive and effective relationships with pupils, staff, parents, governors and members of the wider community so the ethos of the school is reflected in the way we work together.
- Prepare and maintain equipment and teaching resources for lessons and activities and the display and presentation of pupil’s work.
- Use appropriate skills to help all pupils to make progress and feel happy safe in school.
Become an active part of our team, prepared to go the extra mile for the benefit of our school community.
Requirements and prospects
- Works well with other people.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete tasks set.
- Able to work using own initiative.
- Able to communicate effectively in spoken or written form.
- Well organised.
- Able to use ICT – word processing, emails, internet.
- Aware of Safeguarding when working with young people.
- Basic knowledge of First Aid if possible.
- Keen to learn.
- Support other members of staff.
- Well presented.
- GCSE, or equivalent, Maths and English at a grade C or Functional skills at level 2.
- At least 3 other GCSE, or equivalent, subjects at Grade C or above.
Things to consider
About the employer
Litcham High School
- Online learning through our interactive e-learning site, supplemented by regular face to face support from your assessor.
- You will be working to gain a recognised Level 3 Apprenticeship which will include the Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools and Level 2 functional skills in English, Maths, ICT unless GCSE at Grade C are above have already been achieved.
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
PEOPLE AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by People & Business Development Ltd
Sharon Dodd 01440 731731 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017