Furniture Spraying Apprenticeship ARJ CRE8 lIMITED
ARJ CRE8 are looking to take on an apprentice to join their busy workshop in Plympton.
Closing date: 04 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
11 Sep 2017
26 Sep 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
ARJ CRE8 is looking to take on a Spraying Apprentice to work in the busy work shop on Valley Road, Plympton.
The successful candidate will be involved in the following duties:
- You will learn how to mix paint and apply correctly
- Mix paint to obtain desired colours or shades.
- Disassemble items to prepare them for finishing, using hand tools.
The successful candidate will be learning from an employee who has over 15 years experience in the industry and will learn hands on skills needed to qualify as a Sprayer.
Requirements and prospects
- Willing to learn and succeed in this career
- Good concentration
- Good attention to detail
- ARJ CRE8 are looking for a friendly and enthusiastic apprentice with a good sense of humour and a strong work ethic
- English and Mathematics at a Grade C (or equivalent) or above or equivalent would be an advantage, however not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
ARJ CRE8 lIMITED
The Level 2 Apprenticeship in Furntiure, Furnishing and Interiors consists of:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Finishing Furniture
- Level 2 Diploma in Furniture Finishing Methods
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (Level 1)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Emergency First Aid
- Certified Health & Safety Course
- Internet Safety / Safeguarding
Attendance will be required at our training centre for one day a week. All other aspects of the qualification will be delivered on site by the employer, where you will have regular visits every six to eight weeks from your designated assessor who will monitor your progress during your training.
Whilst at the Skills Group training centre, you will learn the necessary skills and gain experience to help you throughout your role. Part of your training will be knowledge and theory based, whilst the rest will be practical.
Furniture, Furnishing and Interiors Manufacturing
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Emma 01752 332442
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 04 Sep 2017