Apprentice Hairdresser Couture Hair Design
Based in Woolton Village this is a real opportunity for an aspiring Apprentice Hairdresser to gain working experience through a Level 2 apprenticeship programme with a team of experienced stylists.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
29 Sep 2017
18 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Established for over 10 years with an excellent reputation we are seeking a junior apprentice to join our team:
At first, you will be expected to carry out tasks such as:
- Greeting customers
- Shampooing hair
- Making sure towels and supplies are ready for use
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy.
As the apprenticeship progresses
Your work will include:
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Advising on minor hair and scalp problems
- Making appointments and handling payments
- Ordering materials
- Making sure that hair products containing chemicals are used and stored correctly
- Starting/Finishing blow dry’s etc
- Some cutting.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with customers
- Able to work with hands
- Excellent customer service skills/courteous
- Personable and positive approach
- Willingness to learn
- Passion for a career in hairdressing
- Flexible, as the role will require a range of functions
Ideally a minimum of GCSE grades D-E OR Level 1 in English and Maths. A real passion for hairdressing is the key to this role.
Things to consider
About the employer
The Hairdressing Level 2 apprenticeship involves attending College one day per week (term-time only, near Duke Street) ) to gain the Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hair and Functional Skills Level 1 in English and Maths. IF GCSEs are already held then the apprentice will not need the Functional Skills.
The apprentice will also receive visits every 8 weeks for workplace assessment and review.
Liverpool Community College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The City of Liverpool College
Nikki Smith 0151 252 3163 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017