Health & Social Care Support Apprentice Norwood ravenswood
Health & Social Care Support Apprentice to provide person centred support to adults with learning disabilities living in a care environment, enabling them to live an ordinary life. A positive attitude, good sense of humour, enthusiasm & initiative required
Closing date: 31 Dec 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
02 Jan 2018
22 Sep 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To become part of a team who provide individualised support to adults with a learning disability within a range of community and accommodation-based settings.
- To work in partnership with the people that we support to enable a great quality of life which is fun and meaningful for each individual.
- To exercise creativity in all interactions with the people we support.
- To enable the people we support to take control of their own lives by maximising independence and participation.
- To provide support which is respectful and upholds the dignity of individuals at all times.
Requirements and prospects
A 'can do' attitude with the ability to use own initiative
Good verbal and written skills and basic IT skills would be an advantage
- A positive and enthusiastic person who works well with others
- An ability to see past a disability
- Creative with the ability to problem solve
- Willingness to learn
GCSE (or equivalent) A-E in English & Maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
Mainly delivered and assessed in the workplace working towards a Diploma in Health & Social Care (level 2).
There are also off the job workshops to achieve other components of the course and in some circumstances, there may be additional Functional Skills workshops to achieve the required levels of Maths and English at Farnborough College of Technology.
Health and Social Care
FARNBOROUGH COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Farnborough College of Technology
Business Services 01252 407299 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Dec 2017