Nursery Practitioner The Pavilion
This Nursery is based in Henley, it has an amazing atmosphere and a great working environment. They are looking for 2 apprentices to join there team and help in the day to day management of the nursery.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
21 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To assist Practitioner in activities, snack/ lunch time routines and general support in the day to day running of the nursery.
- To work collaboratively, cooperatively and respectfully with all other staff in order to contribute to a happy, positive environment for everyone, acknowledging the manager as your line manager
- To use the nursery systems of observation and record keeping so that children’s attainment and progress are effectively and regularly assessed and the information is used to inform, plan and improve practice and provision. This may require work to be done out of hours
- To promote children’s rights, equality, inclusion and anti-discriminatory practice
- To develop a working knowledge of and follow nursery policies and procedures, and to contribute to updating them on a regular basis
- To practice the nursery key worker system
- To liaise and work in partnership with parents/carers, both formally and informally, exchanging information about children’s progress and encouraging parents’/carers’ involvement
- To provide written feedback of these meetings
- To attend parent information events
- To contribute to making the nursery a safe environment for children, staff and others, and to ensure that equipment is safe, standards of hygiene are high and safety procedures are implemented at all times
- To take on one or more areas of responsibility in the nursery depending on previous experience and staff team requirements
- To attend all staff meetings at which your presence is required
- You will need to have a commitment to equal opportunities and confidentiality
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Principal or Manager in accordance with the nursery’s business plan and objectives
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication with children and other staff
- Ability to engage children and support their individual needs
- Eager to learn, enthusiasm to work with children
- Patience/genuine interest in children/good self learner/motivated_
- Good communication skills
- Using own initiative
English – Grade c –if wanting level 3
Maths – Grade c- if wanting level 3
ICT - Functional skills
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 - CYPW
Children and Young People's Workforce
THE HENLEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Henley College
June Hogan 01491634083 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017