Finance Apprentice YOUNG IDEAS LIMITED
Excellent opportunity for an ambitious person to join a Finance team in a period of growth for the Young Ideas Group. The role will be spread across both Online and Retail with a broad range of tasks across the Finance function.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
10 Oct 2017
18 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for someone to operate as a member of the Young Ideas Finance team (currently 3 people) to continually improve business processes, the accuracy of data and safeguard all company assets.
- Daily cashing up of Retail stores
- Posting Online sales details and reconciling relevant control accounts
- Purchase Ledger support for Online and Retail to include posting of invoices and supplier statement reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations
- Contribute to team by suggesting improvements for processes and documents
- General office administration duties as required
- Other projects as requested by Head of Finance
Requirements and prospects
- Computer and number literate with good Excel skills
- Good team player and ability to take instruction from all colleagues across the business
- A person with a positive attitude who is not afraid to ask for help or request additional work as required
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
The newly launched Assistant Accountant apprenticeship programme is accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and combines outstanding classroom training, dedicated workplace mentorship and on-the-job experience to build the necessary skills, knowledge and behaviours to become a skilled assistant accountant.
The apprenticeship includes:
- AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
- SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts
- AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016
Training and Assessment:
- Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend the 3aaa Accountancy Academy in Derby on average 25-30 days (plus exam days)
- You will attend a full week intensive course to prepare you for the AAT Synoptic Assessment (approx. month 12-14)
- Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks
- You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.
Accounting > Assistant Accountant
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2017