Apprentice ICT Technician The Academy of St Francis of Assisi
Estio Training has an exciting new vacancy for an Apprentice ICT Technician with The Academy of St Francis Assisi, part of The Liverpool Joint Catholic and Church of England Academies Trust, based in Liverpool.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
17 Oct 2017
14 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Some of your duties and responsibilities in this role will include:
- Installing and maintaining computer hardware, clients, laptops, audio/visual equipment and peripherals.
- Maintaining an up to date inventory of ICT equipment, and ensuring cleanliness of equipment.
- Assisting with the expansion of the Academy network infrastructure including switches, cabling and wireless network equipment.
- Routine administration including, data backups, Active Directory maintenance.
- Software installation, maintenance and upgrading in line with the Academy development policy.
- Administration and development of Internet, Intranet, and E-mail systems, including learning platforms and the Academy website.
- To keep abreast of technological developments and encourage the use of ICT at all levels.
- To support staff and students with the use of ICT including preparation of booklets and online support, and assisting with inset training where appropriate.
- To support staff and students with the set-up and preparation of ICT equipment around the Academy.
- Reporting any detected breach of the Academy’s ICT acceptable use policy to the Trust Head of ICT.
- To be aware of the Academy’s health and safety policy and to assist in carrying out the responsibilities detailed therein.
- Maintaining stocks of spare parts and consumable items, including printer consumables.
- Oversight of ICT room bookings.
- In-class support where appropriate
Responsibilities within the Trust:
- The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- To pursue and promote the achievement and integration of diversity and equality of opportunity throughout the Academy’s activities.
- To plan, monitor and review health and safety within areas of personal control.
- To participate in the Academy’s Performance Management process and engage in continuous professional development and networking to ensure that professional skills and knowledge are up to date.
- To maintain high professional standards of attendance, punctuality, appearance, conduct and positive, courteous relations with students, parents and colleagues.
Requirements and prospects
- Comfortable dealing with customers over the phone.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- A flexible work ethic, working with the business to find a suitable solution to our customer’s issues.
- Comfortable working with problems involving hardware and software.
- Effective Team player.
- Excellent time keeping.
- Keen interest in I.T and working in an office environment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Confidence & Resilience.
- Good Timekeeping
- Smart Appearance
- Team Worker
5 GCSE’s at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
About the employer
The Academy of St Francis of Assisi
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals and & Customer Service Skills
- Business Processes & Network Fundamentals
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
- Networking and Architecture
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Bryony Solly 01133500333 Bryony.Solly@estio.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2017