Apprentice Nursery Assistant Strawberry Academy Ltd
This lovely nursery in Vauxhall is looking for an Apprentice Nursery Assistant to join the team to study Level 2 childcare, or Level 3 childcare if you already have Level 2.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
07 Oct 2017
13 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an Apprentice Nursery Assistant you will be able to contribute a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the setting as well as giving support to other personnel within the setting and implement the daily routine in the room.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To contribute to a planned programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in conjunction with other staff.
- To keep a proper record of achievement file on key children, for parents.
- Work alongside parents to provide full integration in the setting.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- Uphold standards within the setting by adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Strive to safeguard children by working to the organisation's safeguarding code of conduct.
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members.
- To attend all out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evenings.
- To be flexible within working practices of setting and be prepared to help where needed.
- Work alongside the manager and staff to ensure that the philosophy behind the project is fulfilled.
Requirements and prospects
- Enthusiasm for working with young children.
- An interest in the care, learning and development of young children.
- A commitment to the provision of high quality childcare.
- A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training opportunities.
- Good organisational, record keeping and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Reliability and trustworthiness.
- A positive approach to inclusive practice, with children and colleagues.
GCSEs or equivalent, grades A-C preferred.
Things to consider
About the employer
Strawberry Academy Ltd
Once employed, Smart Training will offer you the best possible training experience to help you become a qualified member of staff. You’ll study for your Level 2 Certificate with one of our knowledgeable, helpful tutors. You’ll attend a friendly, local study group once a month on a Saturday and will also have an apprenticeship expert called a Progress Manager to help you to plan your work, give you feedback and give you a chance to have your say.
Once you’ve completed your course, you’ll be awarded a Level 2 Certificate for the Children & Young Peoples Workforce, Level 1 Functional Skills qualification in Maths, English and ICT and you’ll also receive a certificate in Employment, Rights and Responsibilities. These are nationally-recognised qualifications which are sought by many employers.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Smart Training
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017