Commis Chef The Greyhound Inn
The Commis Chef role needs a candidate that can work in a busy environment and as well as having high standards and demonstrating good attention to detail. Must possess good organisational and communication skills, working in a busy fresh food environment, excellent team player and love food.
Closing date: 12 Oct 2017
£162.00 - £282.00
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
13 Oct 2017
13 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is a great opportunity for any candidate looking to start their career as a chef. You will have a passion for food, be willing to learn and not be afraid of hard work. Please make it clear within your application that you are passionate about food and are hungry for this opportunity.
Typical duties to include:
- Working as part of a team.
- Learn all aspects of the kitchen, including documentation.
- Learn different methods of cooking.
- Basic food preparation.
- Implementing food safety procedures.
- Maintaining and cleaning the kitchen.
You will be required to work 30hrs per week in this role and your shifts will include evenings and weekends. Please consider this commitment before applying. During busy periods, you may be require to work up to 40hrs a week. If this is the case, you will be paid for all hours worked.
Shifts will be allocated on a rota basis and can be discussed with each candidate at interview.
Please ensure you are able to commute to the site. If using public transport, please access the following link to see what methods of transport are available to you: http://www.travelineeastanglia.co.uk/
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills - Both written and verbal.
- Basic Maths.
- Good team player.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- Smart and presentable.
- Friendly and Reliable.
- No formal qualifications needed.
About the employer
Our staff go out of their way to make you feel at home, whether your stay is just for one night or a week long holiday. We are open all year, indeed, in wintertime the inglenook fireplace in the public bar is piled high with blazing logs – nothing could be more romantic.
- The successful candidate will receive full training in the kitchen, learning all aspects of the role including food safety, health and safety, basic food preparation and cooking techniques.
- In addition, the candidate will be working towards a Kitchen based Apprenticeship which includes an NVQ level 2, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills Maths and English at Level 1.
Catering and Professional Chefs
HIT TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by HIT Training Ltd
Allan Rutter 07983 511766 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 12 Oct 2017