Apprentice Nursery Assistant Millwood House Private Day Nursery
The Nursery in Farnham Common SL2 are seeking for a Apprentice Nursery Assistant to join the team. As a Nursery Assistant you will be contributing a high standard of Physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children in the setting.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
13 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Your duties and responsibilities would include:
- Contributing to a planned programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in conjunction with other staff
- Keeping a proper record of achievement file on key children, for parents
- Working alongside parents of special needs children to provide full integration in the setting
- Supporting all staff and engage in a good staff team
- Upholding standards within the setting by adhering to all policies and procedures
- Striving to safeguard children by working to the organisations safeguarding code of conduct
- Liaising with and support parents and other family members
- Being flexible within working practices of setting and be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the setting
- Working alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the project is fulfilled
- Recording accidents in the accident book and ensuring the manager has initialled the report before the parent receives it
- Looking upon the setting as a whole where can your help be most utilised, be consistently aware of the needs of children
- Ensuring child is collected by someone known to the setting
- Respecting the confidentiality of information received
- Developing the role within the team especially with regards as a key worker
- Ensuring the setting is of a high environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development
- Be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times
- Actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace, ensuring setting policies and procedures are observed at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Enthusiasm for working with young children
- An interest in the care, learning and development of young children
- A commitment to the provision of high quality childcare
- A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training
- Good organisational, record keeping and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills, with children, colleagues and parents
- Reliability and trustworthiness
- A positive approach to inclusive practice, with children and colleagues
GCSEs (or equivalent) Maths & English grades A-C preferred
Things to consider
About the employer
Established in 1991 by a mother and daughter partnership, the philosophy at Millwood House has remained unchanged, to respect and recognise each child as an individual, encouraging laughter and fun in a warm, happy, secure environment.
There is everything to offer a child at Millwood House Nursery, whatever the age or stage of development. The nursery has extensive grounds with a new vegetable garden on plan - room for the children to run and laugh and breath fresh air. The staff ages range from 19 to 60, with a good mix of qualifications and experience. Ongoing training ensures a freshness and vitality that show on the faces of all those who work within the Millwood House ‘Family’.
Millwood House provides a wide range of equipment for play and learning and has explored the true psychology of childcare. This is demonstrated through day-to-day nursery practices, giving children the opportunity to be them-selves by recognising their individual potential.
Millwood House Private Day Nursery
Once employed, Smart Training will offer you the best possible training experience to help you become a qualified member of staff. You’ll study for your Level 2 Certificate with one of our knowledgeable, helpful tutors. You’ll attend a friendly, local study group once a month on a Saturday and will also have an apprenticeship expert called a Progress Manager to help you to plan your work, give you feedback and give you a chance to have your say.
Once you’ve completed your course, you’ll be awarded a Level 2 Certificate for the Children & Young Peoples Workforce, Level 1 Functional Skills qualification in Maths, English and ICT and you’ll also receive a certificate in Employment, Rights and Responsibilities. These are nationally-recognised qualifications which are sought by many employers.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Smart Training
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017