Apprentice Catering Assistant California Gardens
The food industry is growing continuously & is an exciting industry to work in.You will receive support and development to equip you with the skills and knowledge required for a successful career within the catering industry. If you are the successful candidate for this vacancy, you will be expected to provide exceptional customer service.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
13 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We all love to food! The food industry is growing continuously & is a really exciting industry to work in.
You will receive ongoing support and development to equip you with the skills and knowledge required for a successful career within the catering industry.
If you are the successful candidate for this vacancy, you will be expected to provide exceptional customer service.
Ensure customers are served quickly and efficiently
- Establish and maintain good relationships with customers
- Ensure the counter area is kept presentable, clean and well stocked using stock rotation procedures
- To ‘up-sell’ in a customer focus manner
- Assist in ensuring high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained throughout the Catering areas
- Prepare salads and vegetables and all food
- Prepare filled sandwiches and baguettes etc…
- Cook a selection of basic food dishes ensuring correct portion control is maintained
- To fully understand and implement hygiene legislation governing the preparation, handling and storage of food and drinks
- Greeting customers who enter the establishment
- Being responsible for processing cash and card payments
- Reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor
- Replenishment and merchandising
- Dealing with customer refunds
- Keeping the kitchen & coffee lounge tidy and clean, this includes hoovering and mopping
- Serving food and drink to customers
- Restocking condiments
- General kitchen duties also involved
- You must have good practical ability and a good knowledge of working to food hygiene and safety regulations which will also be taught.
Requirements and prospects
- Good customer service
- Computer Literate helpful but not essential
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Smart appearance
- Enthusiastic, polite and punctual.
- Possess a strong sense of commitment to learn about all areas of the catering business
- Must enjoy talking to the public.
- Reliable timekeeping
- Good attention to detail
- Can do attitude
- A friendly, cheerful approach towards customers
Ideally to have GCSE A* - C in English & Maths or equivalent qualifications, or be working towards these.
Computer literate desirable but not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
Hospitality & Catering Level 2
Functional Skills Maths and English Level 1
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Selby College
Leanne Simms 01757 211092 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017