Warehouse and Storage Apprenticeship - Level 2 RSR Fasteners Ltd
Reach4Skills have a vacancy for a Warehouse and Storage worker to study for a level 2 Apprenticeship in Warehouse and Storage.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
10 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area.
- Completes deliveries by driving truck or van to and from vendors.
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders and printing requests.
- Maintains quality service by following organisation standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintaining clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Completes reports by entering required information.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Requirements and prospects
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Problem solving skills/solutions-oriented skills.
- Takes accountability for decisions and impact on others.
- Good communications skills.
- Ability to work as a team and under own initiative.
- IT literate.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Able to work in small teams.
GCSEs (or equivalent), grade C or above in English, Maths, and ICT preferred but not essential.
About the employer
Level 2 Warehousing and Storage
This qualification will help you to develop your skills such as: developing effective working relationships, picking, wrapping, and packing goods, Processing and assembling orders, maintaining equipment and work areas, using equipment and machinery monitoring stock.
This qualification contains 2 mandatory units and 24 optional units to help you gain knowledge and/or skills in these areas: Mandatory units:
Unit 01 Health, safety and security at work (3 credits)
Unit 02 Develop effective working relationships with colleagues in logistics operations (4 credits)
The training is work-based with no day release to college. An Assessor is allocated to each learner and will visit you at the setting. In addition to the Assessor the Apprentice will have access to a mentor based at the nursery setting. Candidates will need to have access to a computer and internet connection as an on-line portfolio is used for training and assessment.
During the initial stages of the Apprenticeship a skills scan will be completed for Maths, English and ICT to assess current working levels and areas which require improvement.
Continued learning and assessment will result in the creation of a comprehensive portfolio consisting of observations, discussion reports and statements. The Assessor will work with, and guide the Apprentice through this learning journey.
Along with the Assessor observations, the Apprentice will be required to regularly complete independent on-line work and submit it for marking. At any point during the Apprenticeship the Apprentice will be able to view their progress and see the percentage of work completed/outstanding.
Throughout the training, each portfolio will be quality checked to ensure consistency of marking. This is necessary to keep the standards and quality of the training at the highest level.
At the end of the qualification the Apprentice will be issued with a certificate. There will also be the opportunity to discuss possible progression routes.
Warehousing and Storage
REACH4SKILLS TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by REACH4SKILLS TRAINING LTD
Joe Pendlebury 0333 577 1531 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017