Level 2 Childcare Apprenticeship Royal School For The Blind
Are you passionate about working with children? Would you like to help children learn and develop the essential skills needed in life? Then this could be a wonderful opportunity for the right person to work in a new nursery based in the Wavertree area.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
22 Sep 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To work along side Nursery Practitioners and assistants whilst contributing to the delivery of quality childcare provision.
- To help support the provision to be an inclusive, secure learning environment for young children.
- To maintain effective relationships with parents, carers and staff in order to meet the needs of children and contribute to the assessment of children's needs and care to support their development.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work well with others and carry out tasks under supervision.
- To have an ability to communicate effectively.
- To have experience working within a childcare setting
- To be patient, kind, reliable and willing to participate in training and development.
- To be able to communicate with children, staff, parents and carers.
To have obtained Grade C and above in English and Maths or equivalent. (please note that support may be offered to candidates who are just below grade C depending on assessment results).
Things to consider
About the employer
An intermediate (level 2) qualification in Childcare.
Training will be provided by North West Community Services support will be offered in English, Maths and ICT for those who need it (Functional Skills).
Children and Young People's Workforce
NORTH WEST COMMUNITY SERVICES TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North West Community Services (Merseyside) Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2017