Physical Education Apprenticeship Quainton Hall School
You will have the opportunity to work as a PE and School Sport (PESS) Assistant within a school. A PESS assistant supports the delivery of PE in the classroom & school sport as part of extracurricular clubs and school teams.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
07 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The National School Apprenticeship programme presents a unique opportunity to start a career working in a school. You will receive comprehensive training throughout the apprenticeship and ongoing support from the school.
Working as a PE and School Sport Assistant you’ll support the work of school staff to deliver high-quality PE and school sport. This may include breakfast, dinner and after school clubs, as well as curriculum activities.
Your role will begin with the setup of activity equipment in preparation for lessons. Throughout the lesson, you will assist the teacher and lead activities that will encourage all pupils to be involved. At the end of each lesson, you will review the session and tidy away all activity equipment safely.
At the end of your apprenticeship you’ll achieve the nationally recognised Supporting Teaching and Learning in PE and School Sport qualification, as well as valuable work experience, that will provide you with the best chance possible of being offered a full-time role within the school or a sports organisation. A newly qualified PE Technician can earn between £14,000 and £25,000 per annum.
Below is a summary of your key roles and responsibilities; -
- Prepare, assist, lead and review PE and school sports sessions.
- Contribute to joint working with other organisations.
- Support the development of PE and school sport.
- Set up, take down and store activity equipment.
- Assist with the management of school sports teams.
- Support the organisation of intra and inter-school competitions
- Compliance with all necessary policies and procedures relating to child protection, equality and diversity, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
The candidate will be expected to perform certain duties that may fall out of the ‘usual 9-5’ routine. This is part of the role and the candidate must understand they are part of the job and not optional. This may include INSET days at the end or before term starts and one or two Saturday fixtures.
Requirements and prospects
- Willing and able to complete all learning and assessment requirements of the relevant framework
- Able to establish good working relationships with staff, pupil’s parents and outside agencies
- Team player
- Good time management
- Hold GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 Diploma in Activity Leadership
Employee rights and responsibilities
Functional Skills (if required)
NATIONAL SCHOOLS TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by National Schools Training Ltd
Kate Wardle email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017