Advanced Apprentice Business Administrative Assistant DP ONLINE MARKETING LIMITED
Join the creative marketing team at DP Online Marketing, assisting the Accounts Manager with the administration of this fast growing company. DPOM is looking to become the top digital marketing company in the UK.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 34.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
06 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The following duties will need to be fulfilled in the role:
- Word processing
- Letter writing
- Dealing with telephone and email enquiries
- Creating and maintaining filing systems
- Keeping diaries and arranging appointments
- Organising travel for staff
- Using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, etc., to produce correspondence and documents and to maintain presentations, records, spread sheets and databases
- Devising and maintaining office systems
- Booking rooms and conference facilities
- Using content management systems to maintain and update websites and internal databases
- Managing and maintaining budgets, as well as invoicing
- Liaising with staff in other departments and with external contacts
- Ordering and maintaining stationery and equipment
- Sorting and distributing incoming post and organising and sending outgoing post
- Arranging travel and accommodation for staff or customers and other external contacts
- Organising and storing paperwork, documents and computer-based information
- Photocopying and printing various documents, sometimes on behalf of other colleagues
- Arranging in-house and external events
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communicator
- Pleasant telephone manner
- Well organised, responsible and serious attitude to work
- Professional and IT literate
- Ability to think outside the box
- Not afraid to suggest new ideas
- Responsible outlook
- Team player
5 GCSEs at grades C or above (New GCSE grade - 4 or above) including English and Maths and/or Functional Skills English and Maths at Level 2 or above (or equivalent).
About the employer
As an Apprentice you will receive on-the-job training at your workplace and support in the workplace from your assessor. Additional training may be necessary on a day release basis at Boston College.
The Apprenticeship level 3 framework consists of several elements which have been identified by employers to ensure Apprentices have an appropriate set of business administration skills to operate in their specific chosen job role
These elements are:
Maths - Level 2 Functional Skills, unless an equivalent qualification has already been achieved.
English - Level 2 Functional Skills, unless an equivalent qualification has already been achieved.
ICT - Level 2 is a requirement of some Apprenticeships unless an equivalent qualification has already been achieved.
ERR - Employee Rights and Responsibilities, which includes health and safety, equality and diversity as well as employment legislation.
PLTS - Personal Learning and Thinking Skills, which includes team working, creative thinking and reflective learning.
*Vocational Element (Knowledge) - most Apprenticeship frameworks include off-the-job study for a technical certificate which is usually done at College.
*Vocational Element (Competence) - all Apprenticeships include on-the-job training and assessment leading to a competence based vocational qualification.
*On some frameworks, the knowledge and competence elements are combined into one qualification.
All of the above will be integrated within the assessment process.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Boston College
Liz King 01205 365701 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017