Nursery Apprentice Poppies Day Nursery
Nursery Apprenticeship available within friendly & professional day nurseries. We are looking for inspirational individuals who share our passion for caring for children & want to develop their knowledge of how to provide excellent education & care. Lots of opportunities for training & developing skills will be provided.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
06 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The Apprentice is responsible to the Room Leader, Deputy Manager, Nursery Manager, Area Manager and Directors.
Duties will include:
- Safeguarding children and ensuring that their welfare is promoted at all times.
- Adhering to the Policies and Procedures of Poppies Day Nurseries Ltd. And compliance with the Early Years Foundation Stage (2017), Health and Safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted.
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery.
- Working as part of a team.
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs under the guidance of the Room Leader and Nursery Nurses.
- Developing knowledge and understanding by studying an Ofsted recognised childcare qualification and demonstrating this in their practice. Ensuring that coursework is completed within deadlines set by the training provider.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background.
- Positive management of children’s behaviour under direction from the Room Leader & Nursery Nurses.
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Attendance of staff meetings as arranged by the Nursery Manager
- Participating in regular parent’s evenings, publicity, open weekends and children’s outings.
- Following direction from the Room Leader and Nursery Nurses to enable the smooth running of the nursery.
- Helping in the kitchen and supporting the Nursery Cook.
- Organising the washing, drying and storing of laundry.
- Cleaning toys and equipment.
- General cleaning of areas within the nursery setting.
- Tidying the garden including the weeding and sweeping up of debris, when necessary.
- Re-stocking supplies of tissues, paper towels, blue roll, toilet roll etc within each room in the absence of a General Assistant.
- Tidy and organise the garden storage shed.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Nursery Manager, Area Manager and Directors.
Requirements and prospects
A genuine care for children, communication skills, ability to work as part of a team.
Friendly, caring, reliable, trustworthy, compassionate
Preferably will have good English GSCE grade as writing observations is part of the role. Must be able to speak English fluently.
About the employer
Poppies Day Nursery
The Childcare Company provides online training in early years’ childcare, residential childcare, play work, supporting teaching and learning, management, team leading, customer service and business administration.
Teaching sessions are normally bi weekly or monthly depending on your preferred learning style. Your sector specialist tutor will provide the support and motivation to ensure you enjoy and ultimately succeed in achieving your goal, completing your training. We want you to feel our team are approachable at every stage in your learning journey.
Our delivery of training is through blended learning. Supported by one of our sector specialist tutors we deliver teaching sessions to you using various methods that include face to face teaching, Skype, virtual classroom and telephone. Our aim is for you to have the best possible learning journey that is personalised, motivational and inspiring for you.
Our online learning platform, the Laser, provides interactive learning resources as well as your e-portfolio. It acts as a communication system between you and your tutor and allows you to follow your progress at any time. The Laser is user-friendly and easy to navigate. The learning resources are multi-sensory to suit personal learning styles, such as filmed tutorials, PowerPoint presentations, multi-media challenges, activities, good practice example videos and electronic reading.
Your employer provides your time for ‘off the job’ study and teaching during your paid working hours. This is flexible averaging around 3-4 hours per week.
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged over 19 or over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Children and Young People's Workforce
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017