Software Engineer X CHANNEL MARKETING LIMITED
Estio Training have an exciting opportunity for a software development technician with X Channel Marketing, based in York.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
17 Nov 2017
06 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Some of your duties and responsibilities in the role will include:
- Providing commitment to support & continuous improvement.
- Alignment with the commercial & operational processes.
- Delivering first class internal stakeholder relations.
- Delivery of your agreed objectives.
- Management of your personal development programme.
- Delivery of agreed standards & discipline.
- Management of your quarterly appraisal process & documentation.
The key tasks will be the following:
- Producing code for various projects as required.
- Working with the Systems Development Manager to ensure XCM Database Architecture maximises available technology.
- Working with the QC & Test department to ensure that all development life cycle processes and best practices are adhered to by the team.
- Supporting database development and live projects.
- Supporting analysis projects.
The above duties and responsibilities represent the main task areas of the above position. However all employees are expected to undertake any other job or work within their capabilities and the post holder should be flexible in their job role.
From time to time, the Company may need to change the duties and responsibilities of some of the staff to support the Company’s changing business requirements. Employees will be consulted should their tasks and roles need to be revised or changed.
Requirements and prospects
- Organisational skills
- Time management
- A keen interest in software development
- Experience in Computer Science or similar
- Communication skills
- Experience and Knowledge in SQL
- Dedicated, ambitious and eager to make a successful career in IT
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills
- Strong mathematical skills and a minimum A-C in GCSE
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
About the employer
X CHANNEL MARKETING LIMITED
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Design Fundamentals
- User Interface Design
- System Development
- Software Development Context & Methodologies
- Database Software
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Digital Industries > Software Development Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Chloe Adams 01133500333 Chloe.Adams@estio.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017