Apprentice motor vehicle mechanic/technician. Autofix
The successful candidate will complete a L2 Light Vehicle apprenticeship which incorporates developing knowledge and competence of light vehicle systems including brakes, steering, suspension, engines transmissions and electrics. Each week entails four days spent at work in the garage, and one day studying at college in Washington.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
15 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The succesful candidate will have a pleasant, outgoing personality, be prompt, reliable, and able to communicate well
- Repair and maintence of light vehicles
- Suspension systems
- Prepare vehicles for MOTs
- Valet Vehicles
- Housekeeping duties
Requirements and prospects
- An interest in working in the Automotive Industry is essential
- Knowledge and experience of working on Light Vehicles are desirable
- Be able to work in a team
- Good communication skills
- Be able to follow instructions
- Good timekeeping is essential
- None required but basic English and Maths would be desireable
Things to consider
About the employer
- The successul cadidate will complete a L2 Light Vehicle apprenticeship they will be taught about all areas of vehicle mechanics, diagnosing faults and how to repair them.
- To ensure that they are competent in completing tasks an assessor will visit the garage periodically to complete assessment testing.
- The candidate will attend our washington based college one day a week, typically this course will take eighteen months and on completion they will gain an NVQ/VCQ Level 2 qualification.
Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
CHAMELEON VOCATIONAL TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by CHAMELEON VOCATIONAL TRAINING LIMITED
Brian Smith 0191 3406060 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017