Caretaker Apprentice Larchwood Primary School
An excellent opportunity for a Caretaker Apprentice to provide maintenance and premises support for Larchwood Primary School.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
23 Aug 2017
06 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Assist in the day to day running of the school site, including general maintenance tasks to ensure that the school and site are maintained in satisfactory condition that meets required standards (supported by the Caretaker)
- Undertaking school site related tasks and projects (supported by the Caretaker)
- Assist maintaining Health and Safety standards, reporting to the Caretaker any failures to comply with the school’s statutory obligations in this area
- Routine monitoring and checks of the school grounds, buildings and equipment and assist in ensuring clear and safe access to and around the school (supported by the Caretaker)
- Receives delivery of supplies, furniture and parcels and ensure their correct distribution.
- Advise and assist in the preparation of school events (including assemblies etc)
- Assist with the movement and setting up of equipment.
- Any other duties as requested by the Caretaker or Headteacher.
The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required by the Headteacher to carry out appropriate duties within the context of the job, skills and grade.
Requirements and prospects
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Able to communicate effectively with students, staff and outside agencies (using clear, non-technical language etc.)
- Able to problem solve
- Be willing to undertake relevant training as required
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Ability to identify own training needs and co-operate with the means to address these
- Working with children
- Understanding of importance of maintaining a professional relationship with students
- Punctual and reliable
- Team player
- Able to organise time effectively and prioritise own workload
- Enthusiasm and committed to the aims of the school
- A conscientious and flexible approach to work
Good standard of English and Maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative Standard
- Maths and English Functional Skills at level 1 if needed
Property services > Property Maintenance Operative
HAVERING COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Havering College of Further & Higher Education
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2017