Apprentice Accounts Administrator, Reading BUNZL UK LIMITED
The successful apprentice will support in providing accurate, fast and reliable service to our web and other pre-pay customers investigating and resolving anomalies as they arise so that the integrity of our sales ledger is maintained in turn supporting colleagues and customers
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
04 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is the ideal role for someone looking to support a sales account team.
- Organise and monitor your workload to achieve benchmark processing deadlines & targets, adjusting task priorities when needed.
- Distribute all locally printed customer invoices to the relevant credit controller, daily.
- Collect and distribute incoming & outgoing post for the department, daily
- Furnish customers with copy invoices and/or proof of delivery when requested
- Process sundry credit note requests within 48 hours of receipt after checking for suitable approval & potential duplication.
- Reconcile all pre-pay customer accounts at suitable interval, ensuring items are matched appropriately; anomalies are investigate and resolved; credit notes are raised; customer refunds are identified & processed.
- Document & raise all paperwork relating to customer refunds.
- Run the Unallocated Cash; Zero Value Invoice and Zero Balance reports weekly, matching items listed where appropriate.
- Identify & accurately post/allocate customer payments to the correct account(s) within 24 hours of receipt recording the batch details in the excel cash book.
- Where partially allocated cash exists pass a copy of the customer remittance clearly identifying the anomaly to the credit controller responsible for the customer account on the day of posting.
- Publish the bank statements detailing the cash received each day by 09:30 and update the cash forecast by 16:30 daily.
- Monthly 1:1 meeting with your team leader/manager to review your progress; set objectives; identify & address any knowledge gaps or training needs & discuss any process or system enhancements identified.
- When carrying out your duties, ensure that you adopt a professional manner & follow the guidelines defined in the company handbook, bringing areas of concern to the attention of your line manager.
- Undertake any additional tasks that may be reasonably required by your line manager or the business from time to time.
Requirements and prospects
- Ambitious & Enthusiastic
- Keen to Learn
- Experience in Microsoft Office – Specifically Excel
- Good Numeracy skills
- Accuracy & Attention to detail
- GCSE (or equivalent) Maths & English A-C or 9-4 (new GCSE Grades)
Things to consider
About the employer
BUNZL UK LIMITED
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice, some of this will be in your own time.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Business and Administration
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Shannon Wilson 01623 627 191 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017