Administrative Apprentice Vision Technicians The
Reporting to the Admin Manager, based at our Scarborough Office, you will carry out daily administration including answer the telephone, whilst taking time to ensure achievement of your Apprenticeship studies.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2017
04 Jul 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Daily use of MS Office applications
- Communicate and provide information by relevant methods to both assist running of the Scarborough office as well as to provide reporting to the Directors.
- Interpret instructions and issues arising, and then implement actions according to administrative policies and procedures.
- Research and investigate information to enable strategic decision-making by others.
- Arrange and participate in meetings.
- Approve decisions, requests and recommendations on behalf of senior people in their absence, according to agreed guidelines and policies.
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to health and safety, and quality management.
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility
- Answer incoming telephone calls and maintain a rapid response rate to queries, according to agreed standards.
- Log information on calls received as well as maintaining detailed and accurate records.
- File data and perform other routine clerical tasks as necessary to maintain smooth running of the Scarborough Office.
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of this role as well as for preparation for future roles and responsibilities.
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate in Word, Excel and Mail Merge.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with both guests and colleagues.
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm at the first point of contact, the front desk.
- Numeracy to input data and figures and ensure correct cash reconciliation.
- Attention to detail to ensure all information is communicated and recorded correctly.
- Willingness to undertake any training offered to improve skills or gain qualifications.
- An enthusiastic person, who would like the opportunity to work in a very friendly team.
- A person that takes pride in their work and accepts responsibility for their performance, within the role.
- A helpful and reliable individual, who is up for a challenge and keen to learn new skills and develop.
- A person that can demonstrate or show potential, to bring their own creative flair to the role.
The ideal candidate will hold GCSE Maths and English (minimum C grades)
Full driving licence desirable but not essential
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 3 Diploma in Business Administartion
- Functional Skills (If required)
- ERR Employment Rights and Responsibilities workbook
- PLTS – Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Tyro Training Ltd
Lucy Adens 01723 588072 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017