Apprentice Warehouse Assistant, Cresswell Hirst Signs Ltd
A warehousing role with a difference – work for a small company who want to deliver an all-round business experience to ensure you have a full knowledge of the business and everything within it.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
30 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is a warehousing role with a huge difference – you won’t just work in a warehouse and it isn’t a ‘picking and packing job’. You will spend time in all areas of the business to ensure that you understand it from the ground up and so that you can have an impact on the work that is completed by the team.
- There is a great deal of stock movement within the facility and materials and deliveries arrive and depart on a regular basis. There is warehouse specific machinery that you will need to understand and work safely with when trained.
- You will store, move and take delivery of raw materials and when the finished item is ready, you will package, store and prepare for dispatch. This may involve dealing with delivery drivers, couriers or the customer themselves.
- You will be trained to be effective in the workplace and to understand health and safety, housekeeping and risk management.
- You will be trained to safely use machinery that is applicable to your role.
- You will be trained to use IT applications that support you within your role.
- You will understand the importance of team work and customer service and how to respond appropriately to ensure success and to meet the needs of others.
- You will understand how to deal with change in the workplace and the need to be flexible in your approach to tasks.
- You will learn to understand how your role can affect your health and to maintain a level of fitness appropriate to the needs of your role.
- This is a role where you will support and learn from trained and experienced sign makers – having an interest in this as a career moving forward would be a great advantage.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Time management skills.
- Organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Smart professional appearance.
- Self-motivated & reliable.
- Confidence with meeting/speaking to new people and conversing with ease.
- Genuine interest in the business.
- GCSE Grades A to D or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English, 2017 grading system, grade 9 – grade 3.
Things to consider
About the employer
Hirst Signs Ltd
- Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
- An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice, some of this will be in your own time.
- As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
- Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
- Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Logistics and Supply Chain > Supply Chain Warehouse Operative
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Rachel Gould 01623 627 191 Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017