Business Administration Apprentice NELSONS DINER OPERATIONS (NEWBURY) LIMITED
This is a superb opportunity to earn while you learn in a varied office support role with an up and coming Restaurant Chain, Nelsons Diner. Based in Newbury town centre, you will gain invaluable work experience whilst studying to achieve a nationally-recognised qualification in Business Administration (Level 2 Diploma).
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
03 Oct 2017
29 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will be working as a key part of our Team, providing general assistance and administrative support to our Front of House, Chefs and Directors reporting to the Office Manager.
No two days are the same. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills and the initiative to turn their hand to a number of tasks.
You must be enthusiastic to learn and be able to prioritise responsibilities in a busy environment.
The business administration apprentice will support the Office Manager in:
- Producing a range of documents, leaflets, posters and flyers.
- Maintaining records, spreadsheets and databases for projects.
- Helping to organise and support site staff, e.g. helping with rotas and arranging training.
- Communicating with clients and suppliers over the telephone or face-to-face.
- Photocopying, scanning and printing a wide range of documents.
- Organising and storing paperwork, documents and computer-based information.
- Uploading and maintaining our social media profiles.
- Booking guests and helping to organise events – you could even be liaising with Elvis or Buddy Holly!
Requirements and prospects
It will be beneficial to have strong IT skills, and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Ideally you will need to:
- Have good communication skills (written, spoken and listening).
- Be able to work well individually as well as part of a team.
- Be able to prioritise and plan ahead.
- Have good attention to detail.
- Have a willingness to learn.
- Be able to shift priorities easily.
5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade D or above including English and Maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
On-the-job training will be provided to achieve all aspects of the role requirements. On-going support will be offered by the Line Manager and the Newbury College Assessor to achieve the Apprenticeship.
The Apprenticeship will include:
- Combined Competency and Knowledge Based Element - Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Functional skills in Maths, English & ICT (All Level 1)
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newbury College
Business Team, Newbury College 01635 845229 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017