Childcare Apprenticeship Vacancy Forest First Childrens Centre
The early years apprentice will be an integral team member and take part as fully as possible in the day to day running of the setting.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Sep 2017
29 Jun 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The Pre-School Apprentice is responsible to the Manager and Deputy Manager.
The Pre-School apprentice will be
- Adhering to the Pre-School & Totton College’s policies & procedures. Compliance with the Children Act, Health and Safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the EYFS Statutory Framework. Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the Pre-School.
- Working as part of a team.
- Involved in the care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Involved in the planning and preparation of activities, to meet children's individual needs, liaising with parents and negotiating working targets ensuring effective communication within the Pre-School.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
- Keeping of development records and observations.
- Ensuring the positive management of children's behaviour.
- Involved in the preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records.
- Participating in regular staff meetings, parents' evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings.
- Undertaking any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Pre-School Manager and Area Manager.
Requirements and prospects
Previous experience in childcare is desirable.
- You must be friendly
- Be willing to learn/train further
- Be confident with parents/carers
- Have a passion for working with children
A minimum of 5 GCSE's A-C (or equivalent) including Maths and English is preferred.
Things to consider
About the employer
You will embark on a NVQ Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification. Alongside this you will complete a Paediatric First Aid certificate and Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Children and Young People's Workforce
FNTC TRAINING AND CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FNTC Training & Consultancy
Carol Goring 02380 866664 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017