Apprentice Sports Coach BEANSTALKS CHILDCARE LTD
Wonderful opportunity to join the team of a growing childcare company based in Sale. You will be responsible for the co-ordination of sports and develop yourself in this area accordingly. You may be required to work at multiple sites in the locality so a flexible approach is needed.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 21.25
Possible start date
11 Oct 2017
04 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To provide high quality sports coaching during the after school club
- Increase the physical activity levels within the club
- Assist with improvement of staff development within the area of Sport
- To assist the club in its day to day duties; such as, providing food and drinks, planning stimulating activities, dropping off/picking children up from their classrooms and liaising with other staff and the school to ensure positive outcomes for children.
- To contribute to the overall ethos, work & aims of Beanstalks Childcare
- Develop an understanding of policies & procedures, complying with their contents and raising concerns in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain resources for physical education and sport activities through preparing, maintaining and deploying resources to their advantage
- Assist in ensuring the sport inventory is kept up to date
- Contribute to the planning of suitable activities
- Support the teaching and learning of individuals or groups of pupils, using support strategies to the needs of the pupils and liaising with staff over any issues
- Assist Playworkers in the evaluation and revision of planning and activities
- Promote fair play and good sporting behaviour and implement the club's expected behaviour and any related policies
Requirements and prospects
- Passionate about working with children
- Good written English
GCSE Grade D or above in English and Maths or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ Children and Young People's Workforce
- Functional Skills
- Employment Rights
- First Aid
- Technical Certificate
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Trafford College
Sabina Dunworth - Ali 0161 886 7461 Sabina.Dunworth-Ali@trafford.ac.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2017