Early Years Apprentice BEANSTALKS CHILDCARE LTD
Wonderful apprenticeship opportunity to join the team of a growing childcare company based in Sale. You will be based in a bright and busy Pre-School setting run by a close-knit team. Coaching and mentoring are provided – must be passionate about learning and development!
Closing date: 04 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2017
29 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties And Responsibilities:
- To have an understanding and knowledge of the EYFS.
- To help plan and implement a programme of activities suitable to the age range of the children in your area.
- To work alongside other staff in your room.
- To share ideas, skills and knowledge with team members throughout the nursery.
- To help contribute to an organising, planning & evaluating activities.
- To observe the children and plan next steps for them.
- To attend all out of hours meetings and training, for e.g. monthly staff meeting.
- Record incidents in the incident file.
- Ensure the manager has signed the report before the parent receives it.
- To be versatile and flexible within the nursery. Be prepared to help when needed, include undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment.
- Be aware of children’s needs and show empathy and care, and to provide them with a sense of security and stability.
- To liaise daily with parents/ carers and feedback on meal times, activities, rest and toileting their child has undertaken throughout the day.
- To ensure that mealtimes are pleasant and sociable.
- Changing children as required.
- To help ensure the needs of individual children from different cultures, religious backgrounds and stages of development are met.
- To care for and maintain all children’s resources and report any damaged or missing resources or toys.
- To help ensure the nursery is always tidy and clean after morning and afternoon sessions.
- To make sure resources are put back in their correct places/ areas at the end of a session.
Requirements and prospects
- Passionate about working with children.
- Good written English.
GCSE Grade D or above in English and Maths or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Functional Skills
- First Aid
- Employment Rights
- Technical Certificate
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Trafford College
Sabina Dunworth - Ali 0161 886 7461 Sabina.Dunworth-Ali@trafford.ac.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2017