Apprentice Teaching Sports Assistant Brookside Academy
We currently have 1 vacancy for a Teaching Sports Assistant within our specialist provision. We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and reliable person to contribute to the development of our sports and physical educational programme.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2017
28 Jun 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
At Brookside School we are proud of our inclusive school. We offer support for children with special educational needs both in our mainstream school and specialist classes. Our school is a place where children are supported to learn and develop through play, a variety of experiences and specialist teaching and therapies.
We currently have a new and exciting vacancy within our school team. The apprentice role will work directly in encouraging the development of our physical education and sports programme. The main aim of the role will be to work throughout the school in supporting the day to day sports delivery, supporting lunch and break times with the children by offering structured sports based activities for children to take part in.
Other key aspects of the role will include;
- Building relationships and liaise closely with parents and other professionals involved with the care of the children.
- Implement and deliver the curriculum.
- Contribute to planning.
- Ensure that the children’s needs are met by offering structure, care and stability.
- Work in partnership with other team members.
- Respecting the confidentiality and privacy of information.
Requirements and prospects
- A willingness to learn and work alongside practitioners within the setting.
- An interest in children and how they develop and play.
- The love of sports and an understanding of how to implement this in to the setting and work with children to encourage their participation.
- Good communication skills
- To carry out personal care on children up to the age of 11
- To treat everyone as an individual
- To be able to work as part of a team
- Sense of humour
- The ability to work using own initiative
Good secondary education
About the employer
- Level 3 Supporting Teaching and learning in Schools
- Functional Skills in Maths, English & ICT if necessary
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Strode College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017