Childcare Apprentice Nursery Nurse (Little Discoveries Day Nursery, Yeovil) Little Discoveries Day
We are a friendly and buzzing nursery offering excellent childcare for babies, toddlers and pre-school children. You will work alongside trained Practitioners and be supported by the management team within the nursery. They will be behind you every step of the way with Yeovil College, who visit the setting to meet and assess your progress.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
22 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are looking to emply an Apprentice within our Nursery and Pre-School group, caring for children Aged 3 months to 5 years. Candidates will learn, with practical experiences and opportunities how to support and develop children and work alongside their families.
- You will work as part of a team planning, monitoring and evaluating.
- You will be responsible for the care and education of the children in the room shadowing a Key Worker.
- Ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of the children in the room at all times is essential. You will work to the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Statutory Framework.
- Engaging with the children during play and structured activities.
- Supporting children at meal times and feeds.
- Household duties and some personal care needs.
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to support and encourage children within a Nursery enviornment is essential.
- You must be able to listen to, and interact with children in a warm and sensitive manner.
- Applicants must have a caring nature.
- Good organisational skills.
- A calm disposition.
- Good timekeeping and an awareness and understanding of policies within the setting, eg Child Protection, confidentiality etc.
- Ideally have 5 GCSE's Graded A*-C including English Language and Maths or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Little Discoveries Day
As part of this Apprenticeship you will undertake the following:
- Certificate for the Children & Young People's Workforce L2
- Mandatory units within the Certificate:
- Introduction to Communication in Children & Young People's (C&YP) Settings.
- Introduction to Personal Development in C&YP Settings.
- Introduction to Equality & Inclusion in C&YP Settings.
- Assignment: C&YP Development.
- Contribute to the Support of C&YP Development.
- Assignment: Safeguarding the Welfare of C&YP.
- Contribute to C&YP's Health & Safety.
- Support C&YP's Positive Behaviour.
- Contribute to the Support of Positive Environments for C&YP.
- Assignment: Understand Partnership Working Services for C&YP.
- Maintain and Support Relationships with C&YP.
- Plus optional units to be chosen with your Employer and Assessor.
- ICT Functional Skills L1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Functional Skills – general skills that are used in every job, such as Communication and Application of Number.
Employment Rights and Responsibilities – a workbook for you to do to help you understand your rights and responsibilities as an employee, and your employer’s responsibilities towards you.
Personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS) provide a framework for describing the qualities and skills needed for success in learning and life. The PLTS framework has been developed and refined over a number of years in consultation with employers, parents, schools, students and the wider public.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Serena Foreman 01935 845557 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017