Hairdressing Apprenticeship Tracey Lloyd
Lloyds HD are looking to recruit a hairdressing apprentice to join their busy salon in Exeter.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2017
£151.88 - £264.38
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
21 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of hairdressing duties:
- You will start by meeting and greeting clients and booking appointments
- Once into the hairdressing role you will begin the learn how to shampoo and condition hair, whilst mastering the scalp massage
- Drying a styling hair and once you become more confident and have mastered these skills you will move onto cutting hair and mixing and applying hair colouring.
You will be assisting stylists in ensuring that all clients are given the highest levels of customer service with special attention to comfort and friendliness. You will also generate and promote a professional working atmosphere and assist stylists in advising clients in all aspects of services available, including advising clients of all products, tools and equipment available for retail purchase.
Requirements and prospects
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, be able to work well in a team and be able to portray a positive friendly attitude to customers at all times.
- Building good relationships with clients is a vital part of a successful salon so excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- The ideal candidate will be friendly and able to work under pressure
- You must have the ability to multi-task and work as part of a team, as well as using your own initiative.
GCSE or equivalent grades A-E is desired, but not a requirement.
Things to consider
About the employer
he Apprenticeship in Hairdressing includes:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (Level 1)
- Emergency First Aid
- Certified Health and Safety Course
- Internet Safety / Safeguarding
Most aspects of the qualification will be delivered on-site and you will have regular visits every 2 to 4 weeks from your designated assessor from Skills Group, who will monitor your progression throughout your apprenticeship.
However learners will receive off-site training one day per week, usually on a Monday, at our dedicated hairdressing salon. During these sessions they will gain additional knowledge of the sector and improve upon their hairdressing techniques.
As an additional qualification Skills Group will help you achieve your Emergency First Aid and Health and Safety Certificate, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2017