Apprentice Security Engineer Abel Alarm Co Ltd
Your time will be spent with other trained alarm engineers involved in maintenance, repairs and fault finding on various systems such as fire alarms, intruder alarms, CCTV, access control, emergency lighting or similar equipment.
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
21 Jun 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
This is a customer facing field based position with one to one supervised training provided. You will be required to travel to meet a qualified engineer who you will assist and learn how to service and repair the various fire and security alarm systems.
Ongoing instruction and supervision will continue and further training on servicing of fire and security systems will be supplied over the coming years.
You will undertake a development programme leading to a National Vocational Qualification/CBQ as part of an apprenticeship.
Roles and responsibilities will include;
- To assist with the installation of security systems, ensuring that the work is installed to the required standards, specification, schedule and that all documentation is completed.
- To observe all health and safety requirements, ensure that you and others around you are operating in a safe manner.
- Ensure all equipment stored on site is kept safe and in a manner not to cause health and safety problems.
- Ensure that the site is kept as clean as possible, for the duration of the installation.
- To ensure to the installation is completed to the surveyor’s specification and that the equipment is installed to the manufacturer’s specification and within the time schedule.
- To ensure that all paperwork is completed correctly and forwarded to the correct staff member.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team and on own initiative.
- Good customer service skills
- Smart appearance
- Good timekeeping
- Willing to learn
Although GCSE Grades A*-C (or equivalent) in Maths, English Language and Science are desirable, and knowledge or use of ICT preferred, Abel Alarm Company Ltd will also consider applicants who are willing to develop these through additional training to include Functional Skills as part of the apprenticeship programme.
Having the right attitude, work ethic and commitment to your education as well as your employment are essential requirements to this role.
Things to consider
About the employer
As the successful apprentice you will undertake an Advanced Apprenticeship in Fire, Emergency and Security Systems to include an:
- Knowledge Certificate
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (where applicable)
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills (PLTS).
The Apprenticeship will be delivered by a South Gloucestershire & Stroud College Assessor over three academic years. You will be required to attend Berkeley Campus on block release to complete any underpinning knowledge support. You will see the majority of your assessments towards your qualifications undertaken within the workplace environment.
You will be assigned a supervisor/mentor within the workplace, who will support you to develop your workplace skills, knowledge and experience throughout the duration of your apprenticeship programme.
Fire Emergency and Security Systems > Fire Emergency and Security Systems Technician
SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Trudy Hillier (SGS College) 01453 761135 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today