Want to become a top stylist? An opportunity has arisen to become part of the team at a salon in the heart of Daventry town centre. The salon are looking for an apprentice hair dresser to join the team and be part of an ongoing learning experience.
NVQ Level 2 Hairdressing Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 14 Jul 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
15 Jul 2017
16 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
A salon in Daventry are looking for somebody who is enthusiastic and passionate about starting a career in hairdressing to join their friendly and experienced team!
This will be a full time position working 35 hours per week and hours of work will be discussed at interview stage. Hours are likely to involve working at least one late evening and Saturdays are essential.
Typical daily tasks of an apprentice will include;
- Cleaning and tidying salon
- Greeting clients
- Making drinks
- Shampooing clients hair
- Advising clients on shampoos
- Conditioners and treatments (training will be given)
- Assisting and observing stylists and when a certain level of skill and understanding has been gained the tasks will gradually increase to things like applying colours, blow drying, styling etc.
As part of your working work you will receive training from the salon's stylists and you will be visited on a regular basis for assessments by a Heart of England Training assessor to work towards NVQ level 2 in hairdressing.
Requirements and prospects
- Confident with good communication skills
- Able to speak fluent English.
- Maths would be advantageous but not essential as this can also be taught.
- You should be smart, presentable, with a good attitude to work and time keeping
You should be:
- Customer focused
- Willing to learn
Candidate needs to be:
- Fluent in speaking English
- Able to read and write in English
- Maths qualification would be an advantage but not essential as training will be given
On successful completion of NVQ level 2 hairdressing, there may be the opportunity to progress onto NVQ level 3 hairdressing and good training program plus a chance at progressing to management for the right candidate
About the employer
This is an apprenticeship vacancy for a hairdressing salon in the heart of Daventry. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual that is passionate about hairdressing to welcome into our team.
Level 2 in Hairdressing
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Molly Meadows 07881334748 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 14 Jul 2017