Apprentice Chef Trenance Learning Academy
Do you want to start a career in cookery? We have an exciting opportunity to work within a school kitchen, progressing your skills and knowledge of cookery while working towards a level 2 apprenticeship qualification.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
13 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Trenance Learning Academy are seeking an enthusiastic and committed catering apprentice to work alongside our dedicated and outstanding catering team, providing an excellent level of school meals on a daily basis
While working as a Catering Apprentice you will assist in the smooth and efficient running of kitchen.
You will prepare and cook food each day and interact with staff and students
Duties will include:
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of food.
- Prepare all food items within agreed cooking methods and portion controls.
- Implement and maintain the school's food standards, and work with the catering manager to improve where possible.
- Ensure the food safety of special diet pupils.
- Ensure the correct use of materials and equipment, and ensure walking areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Maintain highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene within the kitchen area, and ensure that the cleaning schedule is completed on a daily basis.
- Carry out a deep clean as directed by the catering manager.
- Ensure compliance with the school's Health & Safety policy, COSHH regulations and all statutory health and safety requirements, and ensure that these are observed by all members of staff and visitors.
- Report immediately any machinery faults to the catering manager.
- Maintain a high standard of personal cleanliness and hygiene.
- Serve staff, pupils and visitors at service time to the required standard and promote a warm, friendly atmosphere.
- Attend meetings and training courses as may be required for personal and professional development.
- Undertake such other work as may be requested by the catering manager up to or at a level consistent with the principal duties and responsibilities of the role.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to develop their career, learn lots of specialist skills and gain an apprenticeship qualification.
Requirements and prospects
- Great communication skills
- Creativity and Imagination
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Must work well as part of a team
- Our perfect apprentice is packed full of drive and ambition to succeed in a kitchen environment
- You are able to be calm under pressure as we can get very busy at times, but you get lots of satisfaction from providing fantastic food and doing a job well
- You are organised so we know you will be confident at prioritising your workload, and you are also a great team player with a sense of humour in this lively environment.
- Once you have received the necessary training you are able to work alone without assistance as you have a proactive approach and are able to use your own initiative.
- You always approach problems with a positive attitude and look for ways to solve them, rather than see obstacles
- We can rely on you to always arrive at work on time with the right attitude to work hard, listen well and complete all tasks that are asked of you quickly and efficiently.
- You work hard because you want to progress within the team and build a great career for yourself.
Maths and English GCSE or equivalent grade D or above (or equivalent) are preferable but not essential for the right candidate.
Things to consider
About the employer
Trenance Learning Academy
This apprenticeship programme is delivered through a combination of Work based assessment and through one day a week at college.
Hospitality > Commis Chef
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cornwall College Business
Dave Green 0845 60 99 599 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2017