Business and Administration Apprenticeship South West Lakes Ltd
South West Lakes in Launceston was established as a charity in April 2000, to manage, provide and promote public access, recreation & conservation on and around inland waters in the South West of England. They are a very successful organisation who are looking to employ an apprentice to train with them as a Business Administration Apprentice.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2017
12 Jul 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The overall purpose of this position will be for the successful candidate to be working as part of the Administration Team to assist with all aspects of office procedures and providing a professional administration service for managers.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answering phones and providing information to customers.
- Deal with all incoming and outgoing post, including information requests and minor leaflet dispatch.
- Assist with update of record systems including filing, databases and archives.
- Routine photocopying and mail shots
- Assist in providing an accurate typing service for managers and colleagues
- Keep storeroom tidy and organise Head Office recycling as appropriate.
- Provide support/cover to Customer Service Assistant during busy periods/ absence.
- Report and provide support to the Office Manager
- Prepare and clear Lidn Park meeting rooms.
- Take responsibility for health and safety of colleagues and self.
- Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Trust, including assisting at open days and special events, from time to time.
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT skills: Word, Excel, Access
- Ability to produce PowerPoint presentations and spreadsheets would be an advantage.
- A flexible approach to working within a small, busy team.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- A willingness to learn new skills and to undertake training, when required
- Mature approach to developing relationships at all levels.
Minimum GCSE English and Maths, Grade C or above or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
You will be trained in the workplace alongside your usual duties and you will be expected to attend college one day a week or on a block release basis.
You will work towards achieving a level 2 Apprenticeship in Business Administration including work based and knowledge components, an employee rights and responsibilities qualification, Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) and if required Functional Skills.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cornwall College Business
Lauren Wheeler 0845 60 99 599
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017