Apprentice Roof Slater & Tiler COMPLETE ROOFING SYSTEMS LIMITED
Learn the roofing trade whilst earning a wage! Complete Roofing Systems are a local family run business looking for a dedicated apprentice to join the team. Can’t be scared of hard work and must be able to take instruction and become a team player.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
14 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties will include:
- Loading of materials
- Keeping the working area clean and tidy
- Installing roofing new membrane, batten and slate/tile onto the roof
- Installing dry roofing systems (ridge tiles, verge etc)
- Working within a team stripping existing roof coverings and removing to the waste area
- Measuring and cutting materials to the correct size and shape
- Installing felt, batten onto the roof structure correctly
- Loading and fixing tiles / slates correctly onto the roof structure
- Clearing sites of debris during works and following completion of works
- Learning new skills working with qualified roofers
This is a 2 year apprenticeship and you will be required to attend Bolton College for approximately 1 week per month.
Requirements and prospects
- The successful candidate must be able to work at heights and part of a team.
- Must be able to work flexibly, have a good understanding of site Health and Safety along with good communication skills.
- Able to travel easily to Warrington each morning and Bolton College for 1 full week every month.
- Eager to learn.
- Hard working.
- Able to follow instruction.
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English grades A-C desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
COMPLETE ROOFING SYSTEMS LIMITED
- NVQ Roofing Technical Certificate level 2.
- Functional Skills in Maths & English (if required).
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bolton College
Marit de Vries 01204 482032 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017