Apprentice receptionist and administrator The Education Development Service Ltd
Based in Horsehay, you will be working as the first point of contact for all visitors and enquirers at an educational establishment that works with disadvantaged young people. In essence this is administration and reception in a thoroughly satisfying environment. The role has become vacant due to career progression.
Closing date: 04 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
14 Aug 2017
08 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This role is predominantly Reception/administrative support to services provided by EDS. The role is based in Reception, dealing with disadvantaged young people, members of the public and colleagues upon arrival and during their daily visits. Support across all programs of study in the form of admin is also considered a large part of this role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Being the first point of contact for all visitors, telephone and email enquiries. Recording of caller’s information and disseminating between the appropriate staff members.
- Management of signing visitors in and out.
- Being in charge of student attendance which will include using CLM (collaborative learning management) and regular contact/phone calls to parents and schools.
- Managing Free School Meals for the learners that are eligible and keeping on top of collecting the invoices at the end of each month.
- Updating our social media e.g. Facebook, Twitter and company website.
- Updating and managing in house spreadsheets e.g. student records and staff monthly data.
- Processing purchase orders for all 4 centres and managing our purchase order system.
- Postal duties such as daily runs to post office if required.
Requirements and prospects
The successful candidate will need:
- a good standard of education to a minimum of or working towards a level 2 in both literacy and Numeracy,
- experience of working on all Microsoft software packages such as Word, excel and Power Point.
- a working knowledge of e-mail software such as Outlook.
- be willing to work towards a formal qualification in Business Admin within the first 12 months of your employment.
This job also requires a degree of discretion due to the nature of the role and clientele, this will also mean you will need a full DBS at enhanced level will be required.
The successful candidate will need to be:
- hard working
- a team player
- have excellent communication skills.
To apply for this position, you will ideally have a GCSE A*-C in both Maths and English or the level 2 equivalent however evidence of being able to achieve through assessment will suffice.
Things to consider
About the employer
As part of the apprenticeship the candidate will be working towards a workplace training plan within their organisation as well as working towards the apprenticeship framework components with Telford College. The candidate will achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Functional Skills Level 1 or 2 in English, Maths and ICT
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Business and Administration
TELFORD COLLEGE OF ARTS & TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Telford College of Arts & Technology
The Apprenticeship Team 01952 642452 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 04 Aug 2017