Apprentice Accounts Administrator Hall & Pickles Ltd
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious apprentice interested in accounting to join one of the UK’s leading Steel Stockholders and Steel Processors, based in Stockport. Established in 1812, the company is now of the largest independent stockholders in the UK, they have recruited apprentices previously who are all doing well and progressing.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
£144.79 - £252.04
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.75
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
08 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
About the role:
- Day-to-day sales ledger activities
- Account opening activities
- Initial credit rating and approval
- Ongoing credit control
- Invoice/credit procedures
- All adhoc business admin duties
- EMS administration
- Daily banking/cash posting
- Routine debtor collection calls – including sales dept. liaison
- Disputed transactions
- Issue of NBPs
- To monitor customer status changes, advised through online notification system
- Debtor reporting
- To undertake other such tasks as may arise from time-to-time
Further job development:
- Assist with development and implementation of new integrated Accounts system (SAGE)
- Potential expansion of role to include Purchase Ledger, Payroll and Cash Books etc.
- You may progress to an AAT Level 3 qualification
Requirements and prospects
Good IT skills
You will be able to maintain a calm and professional approach at all times, be organised and have excellent attention to detail. In addition, you will be computer literate with an awareness of IT development. Comfortable and confident with speaking to clients over the phone.
You will have excellent interpersonal abilities and capable of being a good team player.
You will be expected to have achieved/predicted Five GCSEs Grades A* – C with minimum Grade C in English and Maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
Hall & Pickles Ltd
- Full Business Admin Apprenticeship incorporating NVQ at Level 2, where evidence will be gathered to build a portfolio showing your competency within the role.
- Functional Skills to include Maths, English and IT (depending on award and previous qualifications) where a tested part will be completed.
- Complete a Technical Certificate to underpin your knowledge of working in the sector, this also comes with a tested part.
- Full on the job training will also be provided by the employer as well as further external training opportunities.
Business and Administration
THE RECALVI ENTERPRISE LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by THE RECALVI ENTERPRISE LTD
Layla Marie Machin 0161 804 0212 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017