The successful candidate will become a full member of our friendly and caring school. He or she will work under direction/instruction, undertaking routine clerical/admin/financial tasks.
School Administration Apprentice
Bournebrook C Of E Primary School
Closing date: 27 Jun 2017
To be agreed upon appointment
30 hours, Mon- Fri 8.30 – 3.30 (one hour lunch)
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
07 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
TYPICAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertake reception duties
- Help to create a pleasant welcoming atmosphere
- Receive visitors
- Dealing with associated administration (security badges, signing delivery notes).
- Deal with routine enquiries.
- Handle incoming mail and distribute as appropriate
- Handle outgoing mail, posting, maintaining records of postage.
- Deal with telephone enquiries, take messages and pass on as appropriate.
- Undertake routine clerical activities/duties, e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing, and completing routine forms.
- Undertake word processing, generating documents, text, standard letters, copy typing, using appropriate computer software.
- Distribute documents and materials within the school.
- Maintain stock/supplies (e.g. office stationery) and alert school admin officer when stock needs reordering.
- Undertake routine financial administration (eg payments from parents or charity collections).
- Maintain/input/update/retrieve information, data and records using computer or manually, following set routines.
- Collate reports, under direction.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to meet deadlines .
- Able to carry out routine tasks
- Able to carry out instructions from others
- Able to compile simple messages
- Understand and able to use relevant technology and has keyboard/word processing skills
- Can identify straightforward solutions to simple problems
- A good team member
- Hard working.
GCSE English and maths grade A-C or equivalent.
Possibility of further apprenticeship or permanent employment
Things to consider
The post will involve some dealing with young children and parents of pupils. Bournebrook C of E Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all of its staff and volunteers to adhere to this policy. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
About the employer
Small rural primary school
- NVQ in Business and Administration at level 2/3 depending on age and experience
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT
Business and Administration
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Riv Monsell 07841 604085 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Jun 2017