Apprentice Barber GENCO MALE EMPORIUM LIMITED
We are looking for exceptional apprenticeship barbering juniors, who have a passion for wanting to become a Barber. The Intermediate Barbering Apprenticeship training programme will last 15-18 months.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
05 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for exceptional barbering apprentices.
You will train one day a week at our state of the art Training Academy & Salon in Chiswick where you will experience the highest quality technical training in a brand new salon environment.
The job role within the salon will be as a trainee barber and you will be expected to:
- Meet and greet customers
- Shampoo and condition customers’ hair
- Maintain a clean salon
- Provide refreshments to the customers
As you develop skills you may be given the opportunity to cut hair.
Your training will require you to demonstrate your competence in shampooing and conditioning and cutting hair. Your skills and competence will be assessed on paying customers, either in our training salon in Chiswick or in your workplace.
Requirements and prospects
- Barbering is a fast moving, fashion orientated business, so you will need to be creative, enjoy meeting people and have loads of energy.
- You don’t have to be the academic type and there are no set entry requirements.
You would also need to:
- Be well presented in all aspects including: clothing, hair and personal hygiene
- Be practical and well organised
- Be a good communicator with excellent social skills
- Have attention to detail and cleanliness
- Have a good sense of humour and amicable nature skills whether dealing face to face with clients or speaking on the telephone
- Be willing to work flexible hours/days as agreed in the employment contract
- Have a high degree of dexterity and coordination.
You won't need qualifications to apply but you will need the motivation and commitment to want to become a barber.
Things to consider
About the employer
Apprenticeships combine on-the-job and off-the-job training. This means you'll spend time in a salon working and learning the barbering skills to develop your competence in barbering. You will attend one day a week at our state of the art London Hairdressing Academy training centre and salon, learning the underpinning knowledge and practical skills associated with barbering as well as important skills such as customer service, teamwork and retail skills including Maths and English.
You will gain skills, insight and experience with real clients, real work, real barbers and real products.
An intermediate NVQ Diploma in Barbering which is a work based qualification that is designed to ensure the apprentice is job ready.
Apprenticeships are not qualifications in their own right. Instead they are a framework made up of many elements.
There are six mandatory units with the remainder of the qualification made up of optional units:
- Cutting facial hair
- Health and safety
- Creating basic patterns in hair
- Customer care
- Promoting products and services
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The London Hairdressing Apprenticeship Academy Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017