Apprentice Site Manager Pear Tree Mead Primary & Nursery School
This is a key role for the school. The site manager oversees the site of the school, meets contractors and is responsible for the well being of the children in regards to the health and safety when using the school buildings and grounds.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
01 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is a key role for the school. The site manager oversees the site of the school, meets contractors and is responsible for the wellbeing of the children in regards to the health and safety when using the school buildings and grounds.
Working under the guidance of the site manager at Pear Tree Mead Academy your duties involve;
- General maintenance of the school buildings and grounds, including Security and Cleaning.
- DIY tasks / Day to day site maintenance.
- Low level plumbing, electrics.
- Holiday painting and decorating.
- Overseeing contractors with the site manager.
- Gathering quotes and fulfilling the premises development plan.
- Grounds maintenance.
- School opening and closing.
- Ensuring all health & safety regulations are adhered to.
- Health and safety.
- Outdoor site maintenance – gardening.
- Furniture building and moving.
- Other jobs directed by the site manager or Headteacher.
Requirements and prospects
- The role will require manual ground work, maintenance and cleaning within the school, including decorating.
- Specialist skills will be learnt at college.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential as applicants will be dealing with teaching professionals, general public and work contractors.
- The applicant must be a punctual and reliable person who will not let us down at the last minute.
- Must have a responsible attitude, a willingness to learn and adapt to different work situations.
- Must understand that the safety of children is paramount.
- GCSE grade D/3 in English and mathematics or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Property Maintenance Operative apprenticeship standard
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Building Maintenance Multi-trade Repair and Refurbishment Operations (6562-22).
- Functional skills level 1 in English and maths.
- Employee rights and responsibilities.
- Personal learning and thinking skills.
Property services > Property Maintenance Operative
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Harlow College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017