Business Administration Apprentice Bakers Solicitors
An excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop a range of administrative skills, and to develop a good insight into the legal processes, whilst working for a busy solicitor practice based in Glossop. This is a new role.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
01 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is an excellent opportunity for a Business Administration Apprentice, in a local solicitors office. You will be working closing with the Licensing Manager and one of the Solicitors. You will not only cover a wide range of administrative duties but will good a good insight into the legal processes. Duties include:
- Managing diary systems.
- Meeting and welcoming visitors.
- Typing, audio typing and possibly shorthand.
- Collating and reporting data.
- Maintaining filing and archiving systems.
- Producing business documents, as directed.
- Providing administrative support for recruitment & selection processes, and HR records.
- Producing minutes of meetings.
- Organising business travel and accommodation.
- Make and receiving telephone calls, and taking messages.
- Processing financial transactions from clients.
- Maintaining and issuing stationery stocks.
- Filing, photocopying, banking and other administration duties, as required.
- Providing Reception cover, as required.
Requirements and prospects
- A mature approach.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a pleasant personality.
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills.
- Ability to work alone.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Mature attitude
- Professionalism and integrity
- Excellent timekeeper
- Willingness to train across a range of duties and improve own performance
- GCSE’s in Maths, English and ICT either predicted, achieved or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
- You will receive a combination of on and off the job training to give you the skills, knowledge and understanding to gain a Diploma in Business and Administration.
- Where you do not have Grades A-C in a relevant subject, you will work towards Functional skills in Maths, English and ICT as well as developing your knowledge of employee rights and responsibilities, personal learning and thinking skills alongside your qualifications.
Business and Administration
EAST MIDLANDS CHAMBER (DERBYSHIRE, NOTTINGHAMSHIRE, LEICESTERSHIRE)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire Chamber Commerce
Emily Gascoyne 03333200333 Emily.Gascoyne@emc-dnl.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017