Apprentice Nursery Nurse Benison Nursery School
Benisons Day Nursery is looking for an Intermediate Childcare Apprentice to work as an Assistant Nursery Nurse within their nursery.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
29 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Benisons Day Nursery is looking for an Intermediate Childcare Apprentice to work as an Assistant Nursery Nurse within their nursery. The applicant must be able to demonstrate the ability to show initiative, reliable, hard-working and willing to learn. They must also be professional, caring and enjoy working as part of a team, a knowledge on safeguarding is also desirable.
Duties will include:
- General duties throughout the nursery including maintaining a safe and hygienic environment.
- Promoting the children's learning and enjoyment through planned play experiences.
- Supporting children's care routines including meal and sleep times, helping to prepare, carry out and clear away a wide range of childcare activities.
- Supervising and supporting children's play and extending their interests and experiences while ensuring that they feel safe and secure at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to show initiative, work as part of a team and good communication skills are vital.
- Computer literate.
- Preferably have some childcare experience with early years.
- Hard working
- Common sense
- In addition, the ideal candidate will be eager to learn and have a passion for children's care and development
- English and Maths GCSE level C or equivalent (or the desire to work towards these if not)
Things to consider
About the employer
- Apprenticeship in Children’s Care Learning and Development
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Functional Skills Application of Number Level 1
- Functional Skills Communication Level 1
- Paediatric First Aid
- Health and safety / Manual handling course
- CWDC induction standards
Children and Young People's Workforce
TOTAL PEOPLE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Total People Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017