Business Administration Apprenticeship in Birmingham Pleasant Valley Care Limited
Based in Central Birmingham we are looking for a highly organised and capable office junior to assist in day to day running of the business.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
29 Aug 2017
31 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To ensure the day-to-day operation of Organisation’s office facilities.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments
- To carry out office administrative tasks, to include filing of reports and documents, photocopying, answering the telephone, emailing and faxing.
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- To manage the Organisation’s computer data base and word processing functions. To organise computer files and to ensure their regular and timely back-up according to documented procedures.
- To manage the Organisation’s Quality Documentation System in accordance with Document Control Procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled rotas, reports etc
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Maintain staff files and assist in the recruitment process
- Schedule staff training and in setting up the Training process
- Maintain staff training records
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Liaise with management to handle requests and queries
- To maintain the Organisation’s Complaints Files.
- To participate in Quality Management Review Meetings, to take minutes of such meetings and to prepare typed minutes for signature and distribution. Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
- To comply with all Policies of the Organisation as appropriate.
- Any other tasks as required within the remit of the role
Requirements and prospects
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers, scanners and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Willing to learn
- Able to use their own initiative
- Engaged in office activities
- Be able to work in a team
GCSEs A-C English Maths and IT or Level 2 equivalent
About the employer
Pleasant Valley Care Limited
- Level 2 in Business and Administration
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
These optional units cover a variety of tasks and skills you may perform in your role such as:
- Work responsibilities
- Document production
- Events and meetings
- Customer service
- Manage information and data
- Working with social media
- Information technology
Business and Administration
G B TRAINING (UK) LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by GB Training (UK) Ltd
Maisie Whitticase 01213668388 Maisie.Whitticase@gbtraining.org.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017