Nursery Assistant Tissanka Enterprises
To work alongside other members of the team to provide a caring and educational environment in which children will learn.
Closing date: 08 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
10 Nov 2017
24 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- To key-work a small group of children and be responsible for their healthy development.
- To ensure that the children have ample opportunities for exploration at all times.
- To understand and respect the need for consistency of care for the children – report for duty on time, maintain regular attendance, give appropriate notice of holiday requests and report non-attendance through sickness promptly and appropriately.
- To assist in providing a safe, supportive and caring environment for young children in the care of Tissanka; to ensure that all aspects of each individual child’s development are given full consideration.
- To ensure that clean and hygienic standards are maintained at all times. This includes daily cleaning rotas, nappy changing and other nursery/housekeeping duties.
- To maintain and follow all Health and Safety policies and procedures at all times.
- To develop a thorough knowledge of all of the company’s operational policies and procedures; ensuring that they are followed and respected at all times.
- To be fully up to date with the requirements of the “Early Years Foundation Stage” and ensure that your practice meets and aims to exceed the requirements.
- To be proactive in the process of activity planning, child observation and development records on a regular basis and as requested by your room leader, deputy and Nursery Manager.
- To follow all routines, duties, timetables, rotas, record keeping activities and any other reasonable duty as requested by your room leader, deputy and Nursery Manager.
- To ensure that communication with children, parents and the staff team is polite and courteous at all times.
- To share relevant information and ensure that information passed between parents and staff is communicated to your room leader, deputy or Nursery Manager as appropriate.
- To be an effective key person to those children assigned to you and to take on other assigned responsibilities, as requested and advised by your room leader, deputy and nursery manager in line with your knowledge and experience.
- To maintain confidentiality about all issues related to children and their families; your own and other staff members issues and any other management or operational issues.
- Involvement and enrolment in company training courses to be undertaken and completed which may, at various times, be outside normal working hours.
- To keep abreast of current issues and attend all mandatory training sessions and workshops (as advised by the Management team).
- To attend staff meetings, professional development training and any other events as requested by the Management team.
To provide staff cover within the nursery as requested by the Management team.
Requirements and prospects
- Able to multi task
- Hard working
- Able to work with their own initiative
GCSE Grade C or equivalent or above in Maths and English
About the employer
Training will be provided by Training Associates, providing the successful apprentice with an NVQ level 3 in Childcare.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Training Associates (Surrey)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Associates
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Nov 2017