Apprentice Tester IGNITE SOFTWARE SYSTEMS LIMITED
Due to the popularity of our software, Ignite is expanding and is looking to recruit talented apprentice testers. The role will involve a variety of testing which you will learn during your induction period. You will gain experience of manual/automated/performance/regression/white box/black box/stress testing across a variety of web-based projects.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
13 Nov 2017
25 May 2017
Higher Level Apprenticeship
Some of your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the testing of software produced by the Development team.
- Produce quality test documentation (Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Completion Report and Traceability) to agreed deadline.
- Review and amend functional requirements before creating test plans.
- Attend and input to project initiation meetings to ensure a good understanding of potential testing requirements.
- Investigate and verify problems with the software systems and base data reported by the business and hand to the relevant parties for solution.
- Liaise with the necessary parties during the testing life cycle to ensure that the implementation is delivered on time and of expected quality.
- Produce reports of the testing conducted and inform the relevant parties of any issues raised.
- Evaluate third party software for the purposes of improving or automating the testing and associated procedures.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the Test Team by the sharing of technical and business knowledge.
Requirements and prospects
- Organisational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team, on own initiative, under pressure and to deliver to deadlines.
- Ability to get on with job and others well. Likes to succeed and achieve set targets.
- Ability to form good working relationships.
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) A-C grades, including Maths and English.
Things to consider
About the employer
IGNITE SOFTWARE SYSTEMS LIMITED
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives young people the opportunity to get pracitcal experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive twelve weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Software Tester Level 4 Apprenticeship Standard
- ISTQB Examination
- Software Testing Fundamentals (MTA)
- Software Development Fundamentals (MTA)
Digital Industries > Software Tester
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Honor Greenwood 01133 500 333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017