Apprentice Nursery Nurse Fledglings Ltd
As a Childcare Apprentice you will gain qualifications to start your career in a nursery whilst working alongside a friendly and supportive team. You will provide a safe, stimulating and enjoyable environment for the children within a loving, happy and caring atmosphere.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
25 Sep 2017
25 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To ensure the room is always set out with toys and activities in an inviting way.
- Make sure all your day jobs and duties have been completed on time and before you leave for the night.
- Ensure your observations, assessments and planning are kept up to date and to the standard your team leader expects.
- To volunteer to do jobs/tasks, always use your initiative - never wait to be asked.
- Make sure all your activities are planned in advance and are ready for the start of the session.
- To understand child development and always treat all children equally.
- To be non-judgemental towards staff, children and parents.
- To understand the importance of confidentiality.
- To be bubbly, happy and enthusiastic at all times.
- To always fill out medicine sheets and accident I incident sheets immediately.
- To report any serious accidents or illnesses immediately.
- To take care of all equipment.
- To be flexible and work as part of a team, to compromise and be adaptable when required. To attend and participate in staff meetings and social events.
- To do any other duties which are appropriate I reasonable may be requested by senior staff.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills are essential
- Ability to make decisions and work independently
- Ability to follow instructions
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good physical stamina
GCSE Grades A-C in Maths and English (or equivalent) are desirable
Things to consider
About the employer
Training will be provided in order to achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Children and Young Peoples Workforce. Functional Skills Level 1 Maths, English and ICT are completed with the Apprentice if a prior GCSE grade A-C or equivalent has not already been achieved. All training is delivered in the workplace.
Children and Young People's Workforce
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford City College
Jon Hobson 0161 631 5555 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017